Even as kids, paper crafts had always been the favorite of growing children from preparatory stage to primary stage. With paper crafts, children can hone their creativity from folding, cutting, and even drawing. Today, let’s introduce kids on how to create paper dolls.
This project is easy. All you will need is a colored paper (the longer the paper, the better), pencil, and scissors. You can get these materials with Wayfair coupons 20% off order online. Once you have everything you need, you can gather the children with their materials ready.
Paper Folding Crafts for Kids
Step by Step Procedure:
1. Get your colored paper and cut it lengthwise.
2. Get one strip of the paper and do the accordion fold.
** the accordion fold – Fold about 2 inches of the paper in, invert the paper and then follow the fold as it was in the other side. Repeat untill you will have an accordion look on the strip of paper.
3. Cut out the extra paper so as to have even folds.
4. Draw half of the doll on the folded paper along the folded edge of the already folded paper. Draw half of a boy or half of a girl.
5. Cut around the doll outline and unfold the paper strip.
6. You should have a cut out dolls of a boy or a girl with hands joined together.
You can use other types of papers even newspapers. Children can color the paper dolls or paint it and let it dry. Try it with all of your friends or show how it is done to your kids. This is a fun way for children to explore what else they can do with paper dolls.
Word of caution. Supervise children while doing with this project. Scissors can be sharp and may cause harm so it is important to remind children that scissors can be dangerous. Require children to use scissors especially made for preschool.